Monday, November 12, 2007

The Jewish Music Review Blog Stinks

Shalom!

I'm the new guy in town. I don't know how long I will visit, but when I do come around it's for a good reason. I have sat back and watched as too often Jewish Bloggers think they are the smartest bunch in the crowd. Yes sir, there are plenty of really good Jewish blogs, I don't want anyone to think I'm saying ALL JEWISH BLOGS STINK. But many of them do, they are usually bloggers who in real life no one gives two flying flutes what they think. They think that they are untouchable and can say whatever they want because they know how to make a free easy to use idiot proof blogger platform.

I've got some news for those losers, I'm here to put an end to your party. Freedom of speech is neat like that. Yes, you can say whatever you want and you can delete my comments, but you can't touch THIS site. I will use this to say whatever ***I*** want and when my comments are deleted I WILL SAY IT HERE.

My first victim is Mr. Jewish Music Blog. The man who has taken it upon himself to grade every single piece of Jewish Music out there. He's the man who likes to rain on your parade, punch you in the gut and "tell you like it is" ...

What?? You can't be upset at him, he's just "stating the facts", and di you know that on the third chorus on song 4, bar 8, step 12, note 324, the singer was off by 1.5 percent ... snoooozzzeeeeeeeeeeee zzzzzzzzzz sorry, I fell asleep. What was he saying?

How many successful albums has Mr. Jewish Music Blog released? What? NONE??? I'm SHOCKED, SHOCKED I TELL YOU. How is that possible, I mean only someone as successful and distinguished in the business would have to credibility to criticize everything the way he does. Hey, if Donald Trump told you, that you sucked at the Real Estate business, I'd be worried. If the shmendrick down the block who lives in a broken depreciated home, but "knows everything" tells you that you stink at real estate then I'd laugh in his face.

..... Which is exactly what I'm doing for this loser.

Sure some of you will say, wow, your just defending Yitzy Spinner.

You must be Yitzy Spinner, or his brother, or his uncle, or his mother, or his sisters cousins dog walker. But I'm not. I'm not a Jewish singer at all. Yes, I know a lot of people in the industry, and thats why I'm finally speaking out against Jewish Music Blog. He deleted comments who disgaree with him, yet has the most out there nasty critiques of all jewish Music.

He is stealing from those artists by giving such horrible reviews. No, I'm not upset because he is stating his opnion. I'm upset because he makes these grand sweeping statements about albums HE HASN'T EVEN HEARD IN FULL!!! He has a history of doing this. How on earth can you review an album that you didn't even review in full.

Can you imagine going into a theater, watching the fist 20 minutes and then writing an review for it? Sure, you can say it "sounds like I won't like it" or "this movie might not be for me" but unless you watched the whole thing or heard the whole album you have n o business reviewing it.

What kind of arrogant loser thinks he is so smart that he doesn't even have to HEAR THE WHOLE THING before he trashes it. He has zero accomplishments other then having a blog that 20 people read every day.

I have not liked this blogger or his attitude since DAY ONE. Back when he was trashing Lev Tahor 4, or TekNoy, or Fried's Bein Kach, (a masterpiece in my humble, non abrasive opinion)

I commented and spoke up when he ripped apart AKA Pella, a great group and a fantastic album in my again, humble, non perfect opinion.

I didn't want to believe what those guys were saying, but after time I think I do believe it. I think he trashed that group because he tried to be one of them but got rejected.

I don't take any pleasure in bashing Mr. Jewish Music Blog, but I think sometimes the little guy has to stand up and say enough is enough. I have many friends who are in the industry and while Mr. Jewish Music Blog thinks he's "Just being honest" he is causing real serious monetary loss to musicians. Not everyone who reads his blog knows how pathetically unqualified he is to give an opinion. His blog pops up on google searches and he does nothing to encourage the listener to "try it themselves" he just trashes, bashes and basks in his perfectionist self image.

I'm sick and tired of his overly critical g-d complex.

I will call em like I see em.

Jewish Music Blog has no credibility and if he knew the financial loss he is causing Yidden who are trying very hard to create Kosher, fun Jewish entertainment I hope he would stop his Loshan Hora filled blog.

I ask you the readers to go to his blog and complain! Email him and ask him to stop. What he is doing is not how a person should act, and how one should treat his fellow man. It actually pains me to create this blog but I feel loudmouths who only serve to harm other successful musicians need to be stopped. He is just jealous and bitter that he has tried and so often failed at his own goals. To that I say, I'm sorry for you, but do not ruin it for the rest of us. I think he has ulterior motives that come into play when he reviews and that has disastrous effects.

It's just ironic that so many of the albums he has loved have fallen flat, and so many of the ones he has trashed have gone on to tremendous success. It's not those albums I worry about, but the new musicians who are trying so hard and are good people who have to suffer because some shmoe with a blog and a chip on his shoulder decides to trash 3 years worth of hard work and devotion just before he EVEN HEARS THE FULL ALBUM.

That is tragic.

Thank G-d for free speech, I just hope after he reads this he will think twice and shut down his nasty blog. There are plenty of J-bloggers out there than know how to review with respect. If they don't like something they say it in a nice way and when they do, it's because they truly like it. Not because they think they have a bionic super ear and can detect one decibel of sound ...... snooooooozzzzzzzzeee sorry, fell asleep again.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

so true!

Rafi G. said...

I am not really going to comment on the music reviews because it does not interest me...other than to say why is he not entitled to his opinion? he does not like the music, whyc an't he say so? Is it lashon ha'ra to say you did not like an album you bought?

That's all I have on that topic.

On the first part of your post - nobody needs to care what we think. People usually do not care what I think in real life. they usually ignore me and do not even ask my opinion. My blog gives me a place where I can feel free to voice my opinion. If someone enjoys reading my thoughts, that is great! It is a compliment and he/she is welcome to read as much as they want.

If someone thinks my opinions are wrong and they do not like them, they are welcome to continue reading and try to correct me in the comments, read and not correct me or not read at all.

Just because I write something stupid on the internet does not mean I am better than you. It is just a pace to get things off my chest, to voice my opinion to the few people who are interested and that's it. I am not God and you have no obligation to listen to me.

Rafi G. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MeanJBlogsSuck said...

Hello Rafi g - thank you for commenting here. I have no beef with you. Your comments are not meant to be harmful to an idustry trying to provide kosher jewish entertainment to kids who are staverd for anything kosher and Jewish and who instead so often end up listening to bad non jewish music.

I don't make this music, but I know a lot of the guys who do. I'm not IN the industry, but I have a lot of friends who are. It's a very small business and they make little or NO money on albums. They hope to "get gigs" off the CD's.

Then some smart alec with questionable past dealing in the industry comes along and rather rudely might I add, trashes albums on every level.

Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion that is what I'm doing here in the first place. Jewish Music Blog has ulterior motives and his "reviews" when he writes those reviews they seem to come from a place of jealousy, bitterness and resentment. He has tried several times to be part of Jewish albums and has been rejected or failed. There are multiple sources out there that will confirm that JMB did TRY to be a part of AKA PELLA and was rejected.

AKA PELLA has two solid, successful albums, which he not only trashed but took every opportunity to attack and ruin their name. He wrote post after post knocking them.

You must consider his motives and past when considering his opinions. If he is purposely detouring people from buying albums because he has a past that has made him bitter then that is not a true review and it's coming from a bad place.

It's also important to remember that he "reviews" albums on a very subatomic macromolecular technical level. A level that 98 percent of the people who buy albums don't think on. When a person googles an album and reads a bad review, they don't know the guy has a past and is not reviewing the album, but the technical mixing and mastering and sound levels.

Anonymous said...

AKA PELLA IS A GREAT ALBUM THAT WAS MERCILESSLY ATTACKED FOR NO GOOD REASON!!

AKA PELLA FOREVER!!!!!

Joel said...

With all due respect to you and JMB. I don't know either of you or your past issues with each other. The bottom line is that in the entertainment business people release material, and then critics review it. It is a critics perogative to review it as he/she pleases.
In the real world people criticize albums, and if you dont like it deal with it. It has been way to long that the only review of an album was Country Yossi or JE magazine where the reviews were paid for, and are always positive. Thats not loshon hora thats m'dvar sheker tirchok. For me, an out of towner, I've never read an objective jm review until I read a blog.
I've never heard any movie star complain about siskel and ebert. Its not loshon hora its the system.
People arent buying cd's, not because of JMB, but because its 18 bucks for ten songs.
If the jm industry was in the real world they would be a little progressive and embrace the changes of the music industry. 9.99 for a cd! Put the entire Sameach and Aderet catalogs on Itunes at .99 a song.
Your like the old lady complaining about the high rise going up next to her house. Its 2007 dude get with the times.

Anonymous said...

I have been following Aryeh Steiners review career for quite some time. I can confirm what this blogger has been saying. He does have personal issues with AKA Pella and there are other exigent circumstances that should prevent the readers from taking his reviews at face value.

I do agree Country Yossi is not a real place to get a real review. I agree that the only place these days to get a real honest review is on the Jewish blogs. But, and this is a huge but. Aryeh (JMB) is even worse then Country Yossi.

I know we're starved for good reviews, but come on.

Are you saying all it takes to write a good review is to NOT be country yossi and have an internet connection?

There are bad reviewers and good reviewers. Let's call a fish a fish. And this is ONE STINKY FISH!

Anonymous said...

I just left the following comment on the Mean JM Blog, but he probably won't be man enough to let it post:

So here you make it obvious that you have a personal bias or beef with Yitzy Spinner.
On your spinner "review" you castigated him and his album for he composed all of his own material, all songs composed by spinner, which you describe as a bad thing.
Yet, this logic seems to be absent from your mentions of Rosenthal's shalsheles which is all of his own compositions and songs as well. (which i think is fine, but you have an inconsostent problem with it).
Furthermore, you took Spinner to task for many other arbitrary things, including criticizing him for recording a song (acheinu) on his solo album which already appeared on another album six13.
Again you have an inconsistent double standard here as Rosenthal's shalsheles 4 contains at least one track (shir hamaalos) which is a song he composed and was recently recorded and released on the Yacov Young albvum, which contains several rosenthal compositions.
Again, I have no problem with this, but since you do, it is necessary to point out that you are biased and have a problem with spinner himself and not his produciton which you seemed to invent problems for, which you dont have for others who do the same thing.